|Big Blend e-News Sign Up! Trivia, Articles, Videos, Event News, Radio Shows and More!|
This site developed by Big Blend Magazine™. copyrighted since 1998. No part of it may be reproduced for any reason, with out written permission from Big Blend Magazine, P.O. Box 6201, North Hollywwod, CA 91603. Opinions expressed by contributors are not necessarily that of this publication or any of its staff. We reserve the right to edit submittals. All subject matter is intended for general information only and not to be take as personal advice in any matter. Although every effort is made to be accurate, we cannot be held responsible for inaccuracies or plagiarized copy submitted to us by advertisers or contributors.
By Dawn Bryan, best-
The historic legalization of same-
While the basic needs are the same, here are ten tips on how to make your wedding
gift for same-
1. First, recognize that the couple who have been living together for many years may not need many of the basic household items usually given for showers and weddings. However, they may be interested in adding to or replacing pieces of their favorite crystal, china, or silver patterns-
2. Appreciate that couples may prefer some wedding gift that recognize/celebrate/contribute to their gay pride.
3. Because right now most rainbow weddings have not had much planning time, give the gift of your time and expertise to help with the event itself-
4. Cater to their sensual side with silk sheets, matching PJ's and slippers, aromatherapy, set of DVD's, foot massages, a spa package, gifts of buffed metal or leather.
5. Give something which is significant to their relationship, such as a gift package or gift card/certificate from the place where they first met whether Starbuck's, Barneys NY, Barnes and Noble, or a local bar-
6. Compile a remembrance scrapbook for the couple of photos and handwritten messages from their family and friends.
7. Select same-
8.Choose to make your gift special by giving a voucher for a weekend stay at a B & B; kitchen appliance or utensils along with a gift certificate from Whole Foods; a monogrammed decanter along with their favorite bottle of brandy; a set of their favorite CD's show, or music in a special leather box.
9. Relate the gift to their special interests by giving tickets to a concert, play, opera or a museum membership; movie gift card totheir favorite foreign film theatre along with a gift certificate to the coffee shop next store; over-
10. Make your gift choice count by donating to a charity in the couple's honor; selecting a gift from the gift registries which donate 10% back to a charity in the couple's honor; planting a marriage tree or giving plants or shrubs for their yard (or gift certificate for); selecting a gift which is environmentally friendly.
Dawn Bryan is the founder of Qualipedia ™ and best-